Fundamentals of Sustainable Finance and
- Who is this course designed for?
This course is designed for an international audience, particularly targeting individuals from Europe, Africa, and Latin America who have recently completed a Master’s program or are at an early stage of their career development. It is helpful to professionals from various sectors, including finance, sustainability, non-profit, and government, among others. The course aims to provide valuable knowledge and skills in sustainable finance and ESG basics to help participants excel in their respective fields and contribute to sustainable development initiatives across the globe.
- What are the prerequisites for this course?
There are no specific prerequisites for this course. However, a basic understanding of finance and sustainability concepts may be helpful. Important: This is not a technical finance course.
- What are the main differences between this course and similar courses?
Our course stands out due to its strong focus on inclusivity and diversity. We bring together participants from Europe, Latin America, Asia, and Africa, fostering a unique learning environment that encourages the exchange of ideas and experiences from diverse backgrounds. Our course content features case studies from the Global South, providing fresh perspectives and insights into sustainable finance and ESG challenges faced by developing regions. Furthermore, we maintain connections with international cooperation agencies, ensuring our course content is relevant, up-to-date, and aligned with the goals of global development initiatives.
- What language is the course taught in, and are there any language proficiency requirements for enrollment?
The course is taught entirely in English. To ensure participants can fully engage with the course materials and discussions, a proficient level of English is required. If English is not your first language, we recommend a minimum TOEFL score of 70 (internet-based) or at least a B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. If you have any concerns about your English proficiency, please feel free to contact our support team for further guidance: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is an EPOS program?
The “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses” (EPOS) programs are postgraduate courses, offered by German higher education institutions, that aim to provide professionals from developing countries with specialized knowledge and skills in their respective fields. The EPOS program covers a wide range of subject areas, including economics, engineering, environmental sciences, public health, and urban planning, among others. In the link you can find a full list of them.
- What is the course fee, and are there any discounts or financial aid options available?
The course fee is $250 USD per participant. We offer group enrollment discounts and a limited number of scholarships for eligible applicants. Contact our support team for more information to: email@example.com
- What is the course format, and how long does it take to complete?
The course is a mix of self-paced online learning, live classes, and group activities over a one-month period, totaling 20 hours of learning.
- What kind of learning materials and resources will be provided during the course?
The course includes a course handbook, course syllabus, video lectures, articles, case studies, quizzes, and downloadable resources. Additionally, participants will have access to live classes and group activities for a more interactive learning experience.
- Will I receive a certificate upon completion of the course?
Yes, you will receive a digital certificate upon successful completion of the course.
- Can I access course materials after the course has ended?
Yes, participants will have access to course materials for six months after the course ends.
- What kind of technical requirements do I need to participate in the course?
You will need a computer or mobile device with internet access and a modern web browser. For live classes, you may also need a webcam and microphone and have the Zoom app downloaded on your device.
- How can I get in touch with the instructors for questions or guidance during the course?
Instructors can be reached via email or through the course discussion forums in Teachable. Additionally, live Q&A sessions will be held during live sessions.
- Are there any networking opportunities or connections to potential employers provided through the course?
Yes. We offer an alumni networking platform for course participants in alliance with the Action Network project, where you can connect with peers, industry experts, and potential employers.
- Can I apply the knowledge and skills gained in this course to industries other than finance?
Yes, the principles of sustainable finance and ESG are applicable across various industries, including consulting, international cooperation, local associations and foundations, non-profit, and government sectors.
- Is the course content regularly updated to reflect the latest trends and developments in sustainable finance and ESG?
Yes, our instructors continuously update the course content to ensure it reflects the latest industry trends and best practices.
- What is the refund policy if I decide to withdraw from the course?
We offer a full refund if you request to withdraw within seven days of the course start date (Monday May 1st, 2023). After that, refunds are granted on a case-by-case basis.